Progressive, fun, and successful whitewater kayak instruction that gets you paddling or paddling better than you already do – this is what Northeast PA Kayak School is all about. Located on the scenic and clean Lehigh River, Northeast PA Kayak School exists for two reasons – kayaking and helping you learn how to do it the right way!
Well-thought-out progressions of skills are the hallmark of a Northeast PA Kayak School class. High quality equipment and gear, a flexible schedule, and a convenient northeastern U.S. location make whitewater kayaking classes very accessible for you. Here is some of what we offer:
- 2-Day Classes are available every weekend from April through October with select two-day classes on weekdays!
- One Day Classes are available at any time. First time kayakers must take the skill building flatwater practice day first. People who have gone through our 2-Day Class may come for any River Trip Day, which is every Sunday, and a number of days each week.
- Five and Ten day personal training programs for kayaking through our Fast Track – Whitewater Development Corporation.
- Are you interested in becoming an American Canoe Association certified kayak instructor? Learn about our ACA Whitewater Kayak Instructor Certification courses.
- Private Instruction? If weekdays are available to you, a private lesson might be the ticket! You’ll spend up to 8 hours with your kayak instructor, working on anything you want. Learn the basics, fine tune your form, take intermediate lessons, get that solid Eskimo Roll… you name it. Your private lesson is YOUR day, and it makes a great gift for anyone learning to kayak.
- Our River Day includes Boat Rental, All Equipment and Lunch. Join in on any Sunday River Trip, or for the second day of any two-day mid-week group lesson. People who really want to hone their skills come back for a flatwater day on the Lake—and really fine-tune their strokes and skills.